Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

How pretty are the little flower arrangements my mom helped my kids make for me? They were so proud, bringing them in. And the arrangements are, let me repeat, really pretty. They brought flowers home earlier, which was sweet, too. There's a flower shop right near Le Fournil (breakfast and dessert pastries were collected from Le Fournil) and my husband let each child pick out a flower for Mom.


My daughter, who is nuts about pink, chose this pair of gerbera daisies.

And my son lobbied for the bird of paradise, insisting that I really like them. Which I do. They're a very strange flower- I am fascinated by the fact that something so exotic (to me) is a backyard staple in southern California.

I didn't take any pictures of my apple turnover, or the pain au chocolat or regular croissant. I don't really take pictures before coffee. I'm a little more like the Creature From The Black Lagoon, pre-coffee.

Dinner should be fun- my father and husband are going to cook. We're going to have salmon, roast potatoes, green salad. Standards, I guess, but I think it's a little obnoxious to object to a standard when it is absolutely scrumptious. And I don't really want them to both disappear for the day because they're cooking an absurdly elaborate dinner. Both my dad and my husband are actually good cooks. Fortunately, my father doesn't read the blog and will have no idea that I paid him a compliment. My husband... well, he said our home looks glamorous and well-lit in the blog (the power of a medium to only show what one chooses, because our home, while happy, is neither glamorous nor well-lit), so I suppose I can let him see that I think nice things about him. And I did sort of take it to him about the cocktail top he fed to the washing machine.

1 comment:

AJD said...

The munchkins did a lovely job with your posies!