Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pneumonia & Dessert

The blog police have pneumonia, poor things. And yet, they struggle onwards to do their blog policing.

I don’t think that Mr. Lebovitz and I can be an exclusive thing when it comes to ice cream. It’s not him, it’s me. I just can’t be exclusive when it comes to ice cream and gelato. Still, it’s not as if I’ll be abandoning The Perfect Scoop. That would be dumb.

We dug into Fran Bigelow’s recipe for chocolate ice cream yesterday (from her cookbook, Pure Chocolate). Sweet Jesus, that stuff is amazing. The children were dead silent while eating it, except for the occasional “mmmm….” sound of happiness. And my children are very chatty little people, even when they have pneumonia. They insisted that a picture be taken of the chocolate ice cream. Ta-da.

And now, having completed posting under the watchful eye of the blog police, I think I need a nap, or a coffee. Or both. Two babes with pneumonia is not getting me much sleep at night.

2 comments:

Aries327 said...

All the talk of ice cream and the pictures ... I'm starving now.

Great pictures.

Meg said...

Ice cream for dinner is rarely a bad choice. And it hardly counts as summer if you don't do it at least once.

Thanks about the pictures.