Friday, January 11, 2008

Sugar Highs & Gen-u-ine Sunshine

It may not look hyper-sunny, but the sun came out today, with actual swathes of blue sky visible (okay, some of it through some thin-ish clouds). It was good enough for me. And clearly for the many cyclists who took the opportunity to leap on their bikes and zip down Lake Washington Blvd (a road that runs along the lake, and one of the prettiest runs or rides in the city), although they all wore enough neoprene that they could have gone from bicycling to scuba diving (I think the point I stopped being so keen on winter cycling was pretty much right when I realized that I could have gone from my bike into scuba gear. It is, indeed, possible to ride when it is below forty and raining. But I'm fairly certain it is also, erm... dumb.).

I had an errand to run that took me past Cupcake Royale. I didn't feel like baking but the sunshine made me want to surprise the kids with an after-school treat (there are four because today they're both bringing a friend home), so I snagged a few of their tiny cupcakes. I am a sucker for miniature food (no, I don't know why. Perhaps because I'm not exactly towering?), and for sweets, so mini-cupcakes are a home run with me. And really, when you're running a sunshine deficit, and the sun finally comes out... everything seems like a home run.

4 comments:

A Novelist said...

Those cupcakes look delicious! I love your blog and look forward to reading more!!! :)

Meg said...

Thanks. The cupcakes were, indeed, tasty (I, uh, might have had a fifth, unmentioned cupcake that I devoured before I took any pictures).

Megan said...

I love the cupcakes all in a row.
It says "were all the same, yet different" to me!

Meg said...

Thanks. My daughter is mighty partial to red velvet, and I liked the way it contrasted with the rest.