Monday, January 28, 2008

Arugula, Bresaola & Fennel Salad

This is adapted from The Silver Spoon, and it's not really quite a recipe.

1 bunch arugula, rinsed and very coarsely chopped (you don't have to coarsely chop it, but without some chopping, unwieldy, long arugula leaves flop around awkwardly on the end of the fork. Chopping the whole bunch into 3-4" sections makes eating less challenging)

3 oz (or so. I used about 7 thin slices) bresaola, sliced thinly

1 fennel bulb, greens removed, sliced paper thin

Toss fennel and arugula together, and serve onto salad plates or bowls. Put bresaola over (or toss with, really).

Dressing

roughly 1/4 cup olive oil

3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1 egg yolk

salt

pepper

whisk ingredients together. When ready to eat, spoon dressing over salad and eat.

2 comments:

cook eat FRET said...

love the sound of this and i am overdo for some fennel myself...

Meg said...

I'm very Green Eggs & Ham about fennel (I like it cold, I like it hot, I like it spiced bold, I like it in pots), so I'm a little biased, but it was a nice little salad.