Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oops, x2

It's apparently Get The Date Wrong at our house this week. On Sunday, Stumpy had put a brunch on the calendar - an old friend of his had gotten married in Italy, and some other friends were hosting a congratulatory brunch. Stumpy was the one tracking on it, so all I needed to do was put on a ladies-lunching dress, some make-up and shoes and head out the door with my husband, who was On Top Of It.

Except.
The brunch was on Saturday, right about... when we were looking for parking at Multnomah Falls (in Oregon. Also, it's hard not to see the humor in hunting for a parking space so that you can Appreciate Nature).

However, the baleful look I gave him as we pulled up in front of a house with not a single car parked in front of it and asked him to double-check the invitation was certain to come back to haunt me, because I can be a bit flaky, too. I had his company picnic down for this afternoon.

But it's on... Thursday.

On the plus side for me, I don't need to do any apologizing. Except perhaps to my husband, for making fun of what a head-in-the-clouds flake he can be.

No comments: