Friday, September 18, 2009

Travel Dreaming

Mostly, I've been day-dreaming about this:

Venice is unbelievably alluring. This apartment would be enticing even without the flowers on the table. Just being able to have your morning coffee and look at S. Giorgio Maggiore across the lagoon would be amazing.

And so is Rome, which last night I very literally dreamed about, but not in such a sunlit morning sort of way as in the picture.
It felt more lived-in, my dream, looking upriver as I hit the Lungotevere to cross, watching for a gap in traffic, looking for that glimpse of the dome of St. Peter's while thinking about what I needed to pick up at the grocery store and watching out for dog poop. I could hear shop shutters rattling up and snatches of Italian phrases as I walked past. And then, of course, I woke up.
And looked at ticket prices.
Which are still too pricey (at least when multiplied by a number other than 0).

2 comments:

cook eat FRET said...

2010 - i gotta

Meg said...

Claudia- I'm hoping that maybe, MAYBE we can make it in 2011. But, yeah, if there's a way you can swing it, you gotta.