Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Goat-i-versary

Stumpy and I are about to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Apparently, it's The Crystal Anniversary (really? Laaaaaaame.), but we are celebrating it by... acquiring goats.

That's right. Goats. We've built a goat shed in our miniscule back yard (goats are much like me in that they are both contrary and prone to getting pneumonia, and so need a little house to keep them out of the nasty weather - and they are NOT coming in my house), are planning out fencing, and the actual livestock will soon be arriving. The kids (human ones) and I are duking it out about names - do we keep the current names of the goats, or re-christen them? It's been a lively dinner-time debate. You could argue that I fulfilled the crystal portion of the gift by buying windows at a salvage yard. But it seems like kind of a stretch. And usually, come any gift-giving time, I am mercenarily pricing out impractical shoes (that have just gone on sale, ma certo), not second cutting orchard grass, salvaged windows and salt licks.

So, yep. We're joining the Seattle Goat Mafia. Because nothing says "happily married" like belonging to Seattle's Cosa Goatra.

2 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Happy anniversary! I think it's only logical that you name one of the kids Crystal ;)

If you get a chance, come visit my babies at Goat Berries!

Meg said...

Your goats are deeply adorable.