Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's Gonna Take More Than Corn Chips

Olive, one of my goats, is really, really unhappy with me.



Don't get me wrong. He loves me. He's just not sure, after I went away for 10 days, how much he trusts me.

There has been quite a bit of goat-y shouting from my back yard since we've returned from vacation. It appears to translate to: "I really, really, really didn't like you being away so get out here now with some corn chips and attention"

Olive seems to be experiencing, for lack of a better way to describe it, goat-y outrage.

He has made it abundantly clear that it's going to take more than corn chips to regain his trust and shut him up (Abelard? Just wants to know if we have snacks. With snacks, he's willing to call it even).

Right now, Olive's feelings of goat-y outrage appear to match pretty well to my own feelings about what's been happening in SPS (without the goat-y part. Or the desire for corn chips as a way to soothe me. Although... corn chips are tasty).

Do I think the board acted properly in terminating the employment of Maria Goodloe-Johnson and Don Kennedy? I do. It's a step in the right direction of real oversight and governance, and a step in the right direction makes me want to celebrate a little.

But firing Goodloe-Johnson and Kennedy is a step towards a solution, not a solution unto itself.

The problems in district administration, while nurtured and, in some cases, codified by the former Superintendent and CFOO, were not confined to them. The board will have to provide continued, strong oversight for substantive changes in administration to happen.

A last note: for those of you outraged about the almost two millllllllion dollars spent on Silas Potter's program, you should probably be more upset.

The Regional Small Business Development Plan mis-spent almost two milllllllion dollars. But it spent around $3 milllllllllion.

1 comment:

Guichon said...

Here are some shoes for you:
http://www.hightideheels.be/Leer%202.html

High Tide Heels